Sunday, March 21, 2010

You MUST buy this!

I listen to/read/audit/review a lot of kids ministry resources and I only buy if its something I can use extensively across two sites and many different age groups. Regular readers will know I don't rave and make "MUST BUY" comments about many items - but this is going to be one of them.

I recently came across Nick and Becky Drake and their new album "God is Here".

I love their vision (check out my tagged posts on children and worship or theology and children to see why)

The songs are amazing, with a wide variety of musical references (I am sure I noticed a Primal Scream Screamadelica influence in Track 4!) but most importantly for me, there is a real sense of the presence of God as you sing and dance. My kids are begging for this CD to go on every day. My most favourite track is the very powerful Track 11 - Father. It's simply beautiful for adults and children alike.
I've been saying thanks to God tonight for this couple and their vision, their theology (friends! friends!) for their brilliant talent as worship pastors who seek to bring inclusiveness to the church of Jesus.....


So, for a paltry £13 quid or so (which includes postage): please, please buy this CD. You won't regret it.


Click below to watch this:

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the words of Mrs Doyle in Father Ted, go on, go on, go on........

Leave me a wee message! Only rules - is it true, is it kind, is it necessary?